Thursday, November 28, 2013

Giving Thanks: A list

It's a little hokey and a lot sentimental but today instead of a regular post
I thought I'd give myself a bit of a day off for the holiday. Instead of a full on post I've decided to list some things I am deeply thankful for (I will continue to add to this list throughout the day):


  • The family I was born into, they taught me kindness, simple joy, and give me more love then I'll ever know what to do with
  • The family I have chosen, who trust me more than anyone else to be myself, no matter how messy and confusing
    • My partner Strand, without whom I'm not sure how I could fight through my health problems, who's love makes all the hard conversations worthwhile.
    • My friends, who are too varied and wonderful to account for in a single list

  • Regular access to good food and a good kitchen
  • Cycling/Bikes
  • The energy and inspiration to write 
  • Poetry
  • My colleagues, fellow poets, novelists and writers of all types, who give me such magical support
  • My failures, which have taught me so much.
  • A good pair of boots
  • The financial flexibility to travel and make drastic changes in my diet
  • Adventure
  • Bathtubs
  • A body that lets me know pretty instantly when something hurts or is wrong
  • Ibuprofen
  • Lotion
  • Cuddles
  • Empathy
  • Life changing teachers
  • Lists and the calm they bring me
  • I've finally reached 50,000 (two days early woot!)


No comments:

Post a Comment